DIRECTORS / CONSULTANTS
After graduating from Oxford University with a degree in Psychology and Philosophy, Robert trained as a Chartered Accountant with Touche Ross (now Deloittes) in London, qualifying in 1985. He then transferred to Deloittes in Jersey and rose to Principal. He helped develop Deloittes’ forensic accounting business, advising on business and asset valuations in commercial and matrimonial disputes and acted as expert witness in a major criminal court case.
After a spell as a director of Deloittes’ Jersey trust company Robert became a co-owner and director, eventually becoming group finance director of an independent Jersey trust company responsible for developing the business in Europe and then in the UK & Ireland.
In 1999 he established a niche wealth management business for professional sportsmen, coaches and their advisers. The company specialised in the valuation and structuring of image rights.
During this period Robert was responsible for establishing, valuing, acquiring and selling a number of businesses and books of business which led to his involvement with Valuation Consulting. In 2011 he assisted Kelvin and his team in re-establishing Valuation Consulting following their departure from BNP Paribas. He has been a director of Valuation Consulting since December 2011, reviewing valuations, managing finance and operations and developing the business.
- A diverse and interesting academic background with a degree in psychology and philosophy and a professional accounting qualification
- Thirteen years at Deloittes in audit and assurance and forensic accounting underpins financial, analytical and valuation skills
- Previously head of Russian and Central Europe desk at what is now Barclays Wealth proves worth as a business developer in new and emerging markets
- Entrepreneurial background in the finance industry and now at Valuation Consulting. Understands business from an owner and investor perspective
- Direct, commercial and solution driven