Expert valuation services for dispute resolution, transactions and restructuring
Valuation Consulting’s services to the legal profession
Credible and professional independent valuation is at the heart of resolving many disputes and is an important component of many commercial transactions including business sales, financing and restructuring. We have many years’ experience in working with law firms of many different types, large and small, on dispute resolution, commercial transactions and other valuation issues.
Valuation Consulting is dedicated to independent valuation and is recognised both in the UK and internationally as the leading independent valuer of businesses, companies and intellectual property (“IP”).
We have unrivalled expertise in providing expert valuation services to the legal profession. Four of our senior directors are trained expert witnesses and have appeared in court resulting generally in successful outcomes for our clients. In the context of litigation our opinions have weight. The cases that we have worked on include inter alia false accounting and fraud, shareholder disputes, divorce, buy-outs and minority oppression.
This expertise has been recognised by the legal profession and judiciary. A few of the comments where Senior Directors have been kindly complimented appear below:
- "extremely bright...extraordinary ability..." 1 Hare Court
- "The expert witnesses... I found Mr King to be an impressive witness" - Hon Mr Justice Arnold
- “In my judgement Ms Jacket’s analysis on this issue is to be preferred”. “I regard that evidence as entirely persuasive”
- “…because not merely is she a highly competent accountant and analyst but she has worked in a senior capacity in such businesses. She is thus in a position to express an informed opinion on this sort of issue.” - His Honour Judge Pelling QC
- “I commend Mr Sharp for the clarity of his evidence” – Sir Peter Crill (Bailiff of Jersey)
- “Ian Brewer is an obvious expert in the matter of Share valuations and his evidence should be treated as such" - Marffy v Marffy
How Valuation Consulting can help
- Valuation Consulting’s experienced directors can value businesses and companies to inform the decisions of legal advisers, assisting in negotiations and facilitating favourable settlements in disputes
- We can provide expert opinion on valuation in reports for our clients and for the Courts
- We are frequently used by tax lawyers to carry out valuations which will be used for tax purposes, to ensure compliance, provide opinion on previous valuations by tax professionals and tax authorities and to support tax planning proposals
- Our independent valuations inform decisions in commercial transactions giving an objective valuation in business purchases and sales, financing and restructuring
- Our valuations are a key part of many successful employee incentive schemes, where regular valuation is often required
- We can value the IP in businesses and with legal advisers and/or our business partners advise on how this IP can be structured, registered, patented and secured
- Provides credible, reliable and well-argued valuations that facilitates settlement or judgement on favourable terms
- Demonstrable experience and expertise
- Informing and improving negotiating positions
- Affordable and practical with fixed price quotes for our reports
- Independent and conflict free – Valuation Consulting is only in the business of valuation consulting and does not carry out or compete for general accounting, legal and tax work
And for law firms (or their clients) seeking to incorporate, refinance or restructure
- Valuations and advice on business plans and Information Memorandums will assist in obtaining funding. Importantly these valuations are objective and independent
- Access to pension funds through transfer of IP. We have expertise in valuing IP such as trade marks, copyrights, customer databases and domain names which can then be transferred at market value to pension funds or provided as security thus enabling firms access to funding from their pension funds
- With many Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) looking to incorporate, an independent valuation will be a key requirement of the process
Valuation Consulting has a deep and wide network of professional contacts including patent attorneys, lawyers, accountants, IP analysers, financiers and specialist consultants.